Monday, August 24, 2009

The eventual fence

So, we (and by we I mean Kev) are still working on the fence project. Isn't it true that house projects, no matter how simple or basic, always take longer than you expect? Maybe it isn't true in your house, but it is definitely true in ours. I have to give Kev a lot of credit because house projects are really not his cup of tea, but usually I end up persuading him that a project will not be that difficult and will definitely be worth it because look at all the money we are saving. Famous last words.
If you remember in my last post, Kev started working on the fence last weekend when we went dress shopping. His goal was to finish it on Sunday, but no such luck there. My favorite part about the whole thing is Kev admitted later that he secretly thought he might be able to both start AND finish the whole project on Saturday. Love it. Poor Kev has been coming home from work everyday and going straight to working on the fence. I had the honor of helping him one night (he was unable to find any available guys), and by the end of the night, I had splinters in my hands and mosquito bites covering my legs. I think I might have been a little whiney as well (it was harder than I realized).
The only one who has benefited from this whole process is Truman. To his delight, he has been able to roam in THREE backyards...he doesn't know what to do with himself. However, we think he made himself sick one day because he ate rotten peaches in the yard behind us. Delicious.
Kev's new goal is to finish the fence tomorrow...I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. God bless Kev. Fencing is such a huge project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine how miserable it is especially being so hot outside.

    ReplyDelete