The eventual post...like I've been planning on posting this for, oh, months now! If I wait much longer, I'm going to have to include Miss Elliott's 10 month. Wow! I'm sure I'll miss some things, but here are some highlights of our past 2 months:
- Wearing 12-18 month clothes. This girl is growing like a weed! I do think her growth is actually slowing down a little bit, but it still seems like we go through clothes pretty quickly. At least summer clothes are less likely to get too short like jeans and other pants.
- Wearing size 4 diapers. Blowouts are a thing of the past, but stinky diapers are now the thing. I'll take stinky over a blowout any day.
- She LOVES to eat these days...especially finger foods. She is becoming a real pro these days at picking food up, and everything she drops, Truman enjoys. Who needs a vacuum cleaner or a broom when you have a dog? SO much easier. She eats 3 solid meals a day with a combination of baby food and finger foods.
- Her favorite foods so far is cheese...a daughter after her daddy's heart. If we don't portion it out, she will shovel it all in her mouth. When she sees me get out the package, she gets excited. Pretty funny! She also loves watermelon.
- She is still nursing/taking a bottle four times a day. I'm actually only nursing once a day, soon to be none. More to come on this. She is totally not into nursing/bottles these days ever since she started real food.
She loved spending time with my cousins' kids several weekends ago. She LOVES kids!
- She has really started fighting bed times these days. Not my favorite thing. Before, she was ready to go to bed at 7 or 7:30. Now she goes to bed closer to 8, and she usually cries at least for a little bit when I lay her down.
- Still sleeping until 7am. I'm a morning girl so I'm not complaining.
- She is usually taking 2 naps, 2-3 hours in the morning and 1-2 hours in the afternoon. We love naptimes. :)
- She has become quite an active girl and she loves to stand...constantly. She wants to pull up on your hands all.day.long. Cute but kind of exhausting.
- She is no longer content just sitting and playing with toys in front of her. This entertains her for maybe 5 minutes, then she wants to be doing something else (preferable standing). Our sweet little laid back child is not quite as laid back as we thought.
- She is still not crawling but starting to scoot forward. I think it's only a matter of time before she's actually crawling. I think we're in the "frustrating" movement phase because she wants to move more but just can't quite figure it out.
- She had her first injury in these past two months. She fell off our bed. Broke.our.hearts. Thankfully she survived without any long term consequences, but we realized no more unattended bed time (Kev was in the room and looked away for one second).
Such a snuggler when she's tired. She loves her Mimi!
- She now has 3 teeth (2 on the bottom, 1 on the top), and another one coming in on the top. She can bite...HARD.
- She loves to be outside! She stays with my in-laws one day a week and I think she spends almost all day outside in their great backyard. Heaven.
- She does smile and laugh more, but she can still be a serious girl. Definitely not cheesy. Our daughter the thinker.
Hanging out with Aunt Anja. Had to show this picture of her big smile...they are caught few and far between on camera. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of Aunt Lacey and Elliott this weekend...so sad!
I know I'm forgetting SO many things, but this is what I can remember right now. Oh how we love our sweet little girl more and more each day and have loved to see her grow!