Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Friends and climbing

We had some good friends from Oklahoma visit us in September and I'm just getting around to posting pictures.  Can you say behind?  Anna and I have been friends for a long time (think I was her camp counselor when I was a sophomore in college), and I treasure her friendship.  They visited us a year ago and we were both pregnant.
Had to bring back the awkward belly touching pic.  Love it.
This time we got to hang out with our sweet little babies.  They are 2 weeks apart.
We also tried to get some pictures with all 3 kids.  Not easy.
Love Mason's face in this one.
Eyes closed.
"Cheese!"
And a pic of the kids with their amazing daddies!
Future couple?  We'll see. :)

It was such a wonderful visit even though we didn't really do anything exciting.  The weather was cold and rainy so our plans to go apple picking fell through so instead we went to the mall.  Good trade, right?  We feel so blessed that they would take time out of their busy schedule to visit us two years in a row!  Can we go ahead and plan a trip for next year?
 On a different note, we've got a little climber on our hands in this one.  If you remember back to several months ago, she climbed out of her crib once or twice.  She now climbs out of her crib every single nap or bedtime.  She has come into our room several times during the middle of the night when she wet through her pjs, but she usually just comes into our room in the morning (6am...but at least it's morning).  I know it's past time time for a toddler bed, but these types of decisions take me a long time to figure out all the details.  I might over think them.

I think we have a plan, we just need to find a free weekend.  Any words of wisdom on putting on the transition to a toddler bed?  I'm not as concerned about night but more nap times.

2 comments:

  1. No suggestions on the transtion unfortunately. Callie is still happy as a lark in her crib so we're riding that train as long as possible. When we talked to our pediatrician about it though, he said that when you change it, you make their room their domain instead of just the crib and suggested the door knob covers to keep them in their room unless you're worried she might do something dangerous. Has E every tried to get into M's crib? I know with them being in the same room, that may be a concern but it was the thought I had. I'm hoping when Callie needs the toddler bed, it will be as painless as the pacifier. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing pics of our kiddos together. We had a great time with you all. Thank you for being great hosts.

    ReplyDelete