Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My 3 year old...

She's THREE!
It feels like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms...a tiny, helpless little girl.  She made me a mother and showed me how DEEP a mother's love is.
I stared in awe at her perfect little face...her nose, her eyes, her sweet little mouth.
She was absolutely perfect...more than I could have ever imagined.  God's gift after a miscarriage and waiting for what seemed like an eternity for our dreams to be realized.
Then I turned around...and she turned ONE!
My baby was turning into a little girl.  A sweet girl who still wasn't walking, with a serious demeanor who had sweet smiles that she reserved for very special people.
 And then what seemed like a week later, she turned TWO!
She had transformed into a ball of energy and life, a climbing machine that hated to be confined.  A little girl that decided sleeping was overrated and had more opinions and preferences that I would have ever imagined possible at the age of 2.
She was talking so much and learning the good (and the difficult) about being a big sister.
And now she is THREE!
Our sweet, beautiful daughter...fiercely independent and opinionated, with an infectious, exuberant laugh.  She still has love for climbing, being chased, being tickled, reading books and wrestling with her daddy.  She sings frequently (many times in the early mornings or sometimes in the middle of the night) with a strong preference to any princess songs.  She loves watching shows and movies and is constantly trying to negotiate a deal to get to watch something.  She can be bossy and loves trying to tell her brother how to do things, but with that, she is actually very helpful.  She has a deep love for our family and would prefer us always do stuff together...she also loves well but she doesn't give her affections away carelessly.  

I feel SO very blessed and HONORED to be her mother.  I can't wait to see how she grows and develops in the years to come and pray God will give us wisdom and grace in knowing how to parent our little firecracker.  

No comments:

Post a Comment