Thursday, September 10, 2009

The wedding

Over labor day, we made the long drive to Colorado Springs for Kev's cousin's wedding. I haven't been to Colorado Springs, or "the Springs" as the locals call it, in a long time, but wow, it was a way longer drive than I remembered. It took us about 11 & 1/2 hours to get there...maybe we made too many bathroom stops.
As I looked back over the pictures we took at the wedding, I realized I took very few. I think it was because I was tired all weekend because we had some late nights, I didn't sleep well, and I was completely off of my normal routine (I mean, who has breakfast at 10:30am?). We saw beautiful mountains and the garden of the gods all from the comforts of our car.

The wedding was outside and unfortunately it rained, but thankfully it stopped before Kirsten walked down the aisle (or across the bridge in her case). She did not seem stressed at all by the rain.
Kevin's Aunt Rita was also at the wedding.
Erin and Pam, Kev's sister and mom trying to stay dry. Kev's dad was officiating the ceremony so I didn't get a picture of him. All five of us shared a hotel room which was an adventure.

The reception was inside and was lots of fun! We actually left just as the party was starting so we could drive part of the way home (we arrived at our hotel at 3:30am...yikes!).

The funniest part of the whole weekend happened on Saturday night. Kev, Erin and I decided to look for a sports bar and grill to watch the game (which of course was absolutely terrible). Using Kev's trusty iPhone, we tried to find something close to our hotel. It took us to several dead ends, and Kev started getting more and more anxious and desperate to find a place so we wouldn't miss kick-off. We finally pulled into a place called Half-Time, sounds like a sports bar and grill, right? It looked a little shady so we sent Kev in to check it out. I don't think I've ever seen him look more out of place in his pink striped button down shirt and Sperry's surrounded by bikers and gangster-looking guys...and that was just our view from the car. Hilarious! He quickly made it back to the car and said it was definitely NOT a good place to watch the game. We finally found a place, and we were the only people in the whole place watching the game...which I guess ended up being a good thing. I'm just thankful Kev made it back in one piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment