Thanks for all of your input on the swaddling issue. It's nice to know that others have not followed the "rules" and your babies turned out okay. So for now, we're going to continue with the swaddling until it looks like she's okay without it.
I've been reflecting this weekend on how much can change in a year. We celebrated our good friends' little boy's 4th birthday this weekend (pictures to come), and it made me remember back to this time a year ago. Last November, I felt like we would never get pregnant, like we had been trying forever. Little did I know that little Elliott would be with us a year later. It felt like that difficult season lasted for an eternity, but now when I think back, it seemed like such a short time (and totally worth it).
So without further ado, here are Elliott's 3 month stats:
- Wearing 3-6 month clothes.
- Wearing size 2 diapers.
- Her poopy diapers have decreased to every other day, which is kind of nice, but the down side is she has a blowout nearly every time she goes...not quite as nice. Probably more information than you wanted to know.
- Drinking 4-5 ounces from a bottle when I work. I went back to work when she was just over 12 weeks old. Sadness.
- Still eating every 3 hours during the day but she is starting to have feedings where she goes 3.5 hours in between.
- At night, her last feeding is at 9 or 9:30 and she sleeps until 6:30 or 7. I feel like a new woman!
- She went through a spell several weeks ago where she started fighting her naps. She would cry for about 5-10 minutes when I laid her down. Now she has gone back to going down without a fuss.
- She is now staying awake about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes in between feedings...so much fun!
- She is a very happy baby, but her fussiest time is at night. She doesn't want to go to sleep but she doesn't want to stay up either. A baby's life is so tough!
- Her favorite thing to do during wake time is play in her activity gym. She loves to kick and she talks to her blue elephant. On a side note, she also likes her blue mouse (who I've named Max) on her carrier the best, so I've decide her favorite color is blue.
- She has found her hands and loves to suck on them. She hasn't really found her thumb but likes sucking on her fist.
- She is ticklish, especially on her neck. Love to hear her laugh!
- She is definitely smiling and talking more and more. However, I've decided she does not smile in big groups...too much to look at.
- She loves to suck her bottom lip. So cute!
I feel like she is getting big SO fast! Slow down time!