Saturday, July 27, 2013

Thoughts about another girl...

I grew up in a family with 3 girls, so I think in the back of mind, having girls seemed like the "normal" thing to do.  When I was pregnant with E, I REALLY wanted a girl (but of course would have been happy with a boy too).  I loved being the oldest and a girl, and I really couldn't imagine having a boy.  Obviously, she was a girl, and even though I don't feel like I'm the best girl's mom (I'm not great about putting bows in hair, playing with dolls, etc), I have absolutely loved having a girl.  Miss E is not the most girly girl...she NEVER has played with dolls, HATES getting her hair fixed, chooses all her own outfits (and not always with good taste in my opinion), and would prefer to climb and jump off things as opposed to play with any toys.  She is a ball of energy, full of life and fun.  She LOVES being tickled, chased, wrestled with, anything that's physical.

So when I found out I was pregnant with number 2, I was thinking it would most likely be a girl.  I felt pretty much exactly the same, craved the same things.  Since I felt so similar, me (and my mom) were convinced it was a girl.  But then of course we were wrong.  God knew we needed a little boy.  I would have never imagined how much I enjoy beings a boy's mom.  I have loved the fact that he LOVES trucks, airplanes, cars, trains...basically anything with motor.  He really knows how to melt his mommy's heart...he's snuggly, loves to smile, and always prefers me.  His personality is also much more similar to mine than E's, and so that has made it easier for me to understand him.  I love Miss E's independence but she's got a mean streak that wears me out.  He does things that are not always nice, but somehow looks really cute when he does them, if that's possible.

Now on to number 3.  I didn't really care either way.  I could see positives to both a girl and a boy, but early on, Kev predicted boy.  He has ALWAYS been right (at least the last two times), so I thought I should just trust him.  We picked out two names we really liked...we were set for a boy.  Until they told us it was going to be a GIRL. :) It took several days for us to wrap our minds around that one.  It made me glad we found out at 20 weeks and not when she was born.  The more I think about it, I get more and more excited to have a little girl.  I think Miss E will love having a sister and I think it's kind of fun that Mason's in the middle.  I'm excited (and a little scared) to see how this will change our family dynamics, increase the craziness.  2 was a hard transition (partly because E was SO young), so I'm interested to see if 3 will be similar (I've gotten such varying opinions on this one).  All I know, is she is going to be here in 3 months.  3 MONTHS.  Wow.  We've got a lot to do before then.

1 comment:

  1. Our kids sound soooo similar. Paisley can be so difficult and graham is so pleasant. And his love for me is palpable. The kid just adores me. Whereas his sister sometimes acts like she'd be better off without me. :)

    ReplyDelete