Sunday, October 20, 2013

Oh baby!

36 weeks.

Where has the time gone?  I'm thankful for each and every day that I've had to carry our sweet baby girl, but I'm not going to lie, it hasn't been the easiest pregnancy.  I hate to complain because I am so very thankful for the opportunity to be pregnant, to experience the joy of the baby's movements, to see her grow as my body grows, but this pregnancy has definitely been the hardest for me thus far.  Maybe it's because I'm older, or have two very energetic young children to run after, or my body is just worn out from being pregnant.  Probably a combination of all of these things.
 I've had a lot more Braxton Hicks contractions lately, which are exciting and yet scary to think of the impending pain to come.  I've also had a lot of ligament pain (like way more than my other pregnancies), especially when I walk, so that's exciting (but not really).  It probably doesn't help that Mason still loves to be carried, so I probably carry him way more than I should, and often have to cart him up and down the stairs in our house.  
I've actually had way more energy my 3rd trimester so that has been nice.  I kept waiting to have energy in the second trimester, but it just never came.  Even though I've had more energy lately, I still feel tired...a lot.  Especially days I'm home with the kids all day.  I so love our kids, but I feel like they are both at a difficult age with fighting, whining, exerting independence, etc.  All this requires energy...more energy than I often feel I have.  Not to mention our dreaded stairs.

I'm really looking forward to baby girl being here, but I also have had a really difficult time wrapping my mind around the fact that we will have 3 kids.  3 kids.  I feel like people who have 3 kids look old and I don't feel that old.  Plus, I wonder how it will change the dynamics of our family.  I guess we'll find out soon enough.  

1 comment:

  1. You look fantastic!!! I always think you are such a cute pregnant mommy! I hear ya on the difficult days. Graham is getting old enough to fight back now which is dreadful. Paisley continues to exhibit her independence and strong-will at every possible moment. And I just yearn for a moment to myself. Can't wait to see this newest member!!!

    ReplyDelete