Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wow, life has been busy...obviously, since I haven't posted in over a week. Not to mention that I am one week behind her monthly post, which I do intend to do...eventually. In the mean time, I thought I would post some pictures from this past weekend. We drove to San Angelo to visit my sister and her husband. It was a 6 and 1/2 hour drive which is the longest drive Elliott has been on so far. She actually did really well...some fussiness, but I get fussy in a 6+ hour drive. We did a little bit of light reading...
played with a Nalgene bottle...
and lots of other fun things, but needless to say, we were ALL thankful to get there. We had a really fun time, and I was really impressed with San Angelo. Yes, there were lots of rock lawns, cactuses, mesquite trees, and it was 97 degrees already, but it was really a nice town. I said it reminded me of a little San Antonio.
It was really great to spend some time with my sis and brother-in-law and see their new house.
Elliott loved seeing her aunt. Anja was excited too.
Anja was determined to get a picture with Elliott smiling/looking at the camera. We resorted to holding rose petals in front of her...it didn't work. Anja got some good pics with her camera but I was just taking pictures with my phone.
I did catch a sweet moment between Kev and Elliott. She loves her daddy!
We also took a little family pic.

Oh, and did I mention we FINALLY bought a car. I actually blogged about looking for a car, oh, over a YEAR ago, and we finally got around to buying one. We decided on a Honda Pilot. We like the fact that it is a little bigger, little more room. It's used, but I can honestly say it's the nicest care I've ever owned. I feel nervous to drive it. Plus we're planning on it being Elliott's first car so I better keep it in good shape. :) Here is a few pics of it.

2 comments:

  1. Ah...such cute pics Erica! Not my best ones I must say, but Elliott looked awefully cute! That's all that matters. My facial expressions are so intense...awekwardly intense if I do say. Oh well...that's just me. I LOVED having ya'll this weekend. We were truly blessed. Thanks for making the long drive! Love ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Love the new car, too. Glad you all were able to have a fun weekend with your sister.

    ReplyDelete