Friday, June 10, 2011

Sickness and life update

On Wednesday, I was thinking to myself, "Elliott hasn't been sick in a long time." I spoke too soon. That afternoon, she started having a runny nose and felt a little warm. Wednesday night she was up all.night.long. NOT FUN! I know we were up a lot when she was first born, but our bodies are out of practice. Needless to say, we walked around a bit like zombies yesterday, but thankfully, she slept through the night last night! I was SO thankful!

She still has lots of snot coming out her nose (lovely) and has been running fevers off and on. I think she's better today, but definitely not a 100%. No real fevers yet today but she has been SO whiney...about EVERYTHING. Like I said above, she hasn't been sick for a while so we haven't had to deal with the snotty nose issue lately. Miss Elliott HATES having her nose wiped (like I'm sure every kid), but now that she's older, she can resist much better. She basically throws a fit while covering her nose with her hands. So to wipe it, I have to hold both arms down with one hand and wipe with the other...quite a fiasco. So as I see snot running down her face, I have an internal debate...is it really worth the fight? Sometimes it's not, sometimes it is. Today I had to ask myself this question when we were in a store, and at that moment, I decided it was not worth it. So yes, I was "that" mom walking around the store with a snotty nose kid. Don't judge until you've been there.

So what else have we been up to (hence the no blog posts)? Well, we're in the midst of selling our house. We have had lots of showings which is really encouraging and I don't want to complain, but I am REALLY tired of cleaning. Cleaning is definitely NOT my first choice when E is down for her nap. I am also in the process of training a new girl to take my position at work. I think she will be fantastic, but it's all a little bittersweet as I am "replaced." I guess this next month and a half will probably be bittersweet (WOW...is it really less than 2 months?), but I know we'll survive.

I had every intention of doing E's 10 month post, but Kev took our computer that has all our pictures on it to be serviced. I can't promise anything, but I will try to be a better blogger. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment