The little man is 4 months old today. 4 months old. He's getting so big so fast. What has he been up to? Well I'm glad you asked.
- He is wearing 3-6 month clothes although I'm still cramming him in several 3 month sleepers. Why? Because we're stuck in the eternal cold weather. I keep thinking SURELY it's going to get warmer here soon, so I hate to buy more sleepers but I might have to break down.
- He is wearing size 3 diapers. Minimal blowouts. Thank you Lord.
- He eats every 3-3.5 hours and drinks 5 ounces from a bottle (so I'm told).
- He typically goes to bed around 7:30 or 8 (depending when his last nap was), but I'm still waking him at 10 for a "dream feeding," mainly because I don't want to pump and it is really more convenient than feeding him earlier. He is usually sleeping anywhere from 6:30 to 7:30.
- He still takes a nap after every feeding...on his tummy in his crib...and he usually sleeps anywhere from 45 minutes to 1.5 hours.
- He doesn't nap as well as E did, but he doesn't get as fussy as she did when she was tired. He can stay awake for 1.5-2 hours sometimes and not act fussy at all.
- He is not a huge fan of tummy time (I'm convinced no baby is), but he does it begrudgingly.
- He still L-O-V-E-S his bouncer. He loves the toys on it and he loves making it bounce. He is constantly kicking one leg so it's bouncing up and down. So different than Elliott.
- He also likes laying in his activity gym and sitting in the Bumbo (as of recently).
- He has started enjoying toys as well and will hold them and follow them with his eyes.
- His MOST favorite thing these days IS...his hands. He sucks on them constantly.
- He has turned into a major SPITTER. It's shocking how much fluid can come from his small body. It's not pleasant...and it doesn't smell pleasant. I got to work last week and realized I had dried spit-up all over my jacket. The true sign of a mom. Note to self...look at yourself before you walk out the door.
- He is SUCH a little smiler. I can't get enough. He has the best smile, including a dimple on his right cheek. I've always been a sucker for dimples.
- He still has such a sweet, easy-going disposition. Don't get me wrong...he does cry. Especially when he's tired or hungry. But even his cry is kind of sweet and pathetic.
- He's still a big fan of his big sister. He loves watching her, although she hardly even realizes it. I did find her trying to put his diaper on him (over his clothes) the other day. Such a funny girl.
Our little man adds so much joy to our lives!