Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cooking--Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

I've been completely fascinated by cooking blogs recently, one of those being the pioneer woman. If you haven't checked out her blog, you probably should...it's pretty amazing (thepioneerwoman.com). She actually was in OKC last week because she just released a new cookbook, and I went to her book signing. Before you think that is cool, we didn't actually ever make it to the front of the line because the line was sooo long! After we stood in line for a full hour, we realized we didn't really care enough to get her signature because we were starving. Who would have thought you could get so famous by having a blog?

So the issue I have with all of these cooking blogs I've found is although the food looks absolutely amazing, it is terrible for you! It might be my fatal flaw but I have a hard time even wanting to make something with a cup of butter, much less eat it. I've decided that some people can make these decadent desserts because they have self control. My idea of self control is not having decadent desserts in the house.

So for people in the same boat as me, I thought I might occasionally post good recipes I've tried. I look for 3 things in recipes:
1) simplicity
2) healthy (at least somewhat)
3) ingredients I can get at 1 store (I mean seriously, who has time to go to multiple locations? I'm thankful to make it to one place once a week.)

For my first recipe to post, I tried these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins this last week. I definitely did not come up with the recipe, and my sweet friend Amy actually reminded me of it. They are unbelievably easy and a great fall snack. Hope you enjoy!

Cake mix (either white or yellow, I used yellow)
1 can Libby's pumpkin
1 egg
Miniature chocolate chips (I used semisweet, as much or as little as you like)

Mix all ingredients together. I cooked them in a mini muffin tin, coated with nonstick spray. Just cook according to the cake directions and serve. They are a great size to just pop in your mouth. As a variation, you can substitute a spice cake mix and cook in a bundt pan.

1 comment:

  1. that is a very simple recipe. thanks for sharing, i am going to try it:)

    ReplyDelete