Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Winter wonderland!

I had to go to Denver last Thursday for a work conference, and I think I might have been on one of the last planes that made it out of OKC before the "storm" hit. I must admit, I am always extremely skeptical when the Oklahoma meteorologists begin reporting terrible storms in the forecast. I am convinced that not enough excitement happens in Oklahoma so they are determined to create some excitement of their own. Granted, they have been correct before (like over Christmas we had a lot of snow and a couple of years ago we had a terrible ice storm). However, I have never been one to rush to the store to stock up on groceries, water, or batteries. I'm sure this mindset will someday come back to bite me, like when we're stuck in a freezing cold house with no electricity, frozen pipes, and little to eat, but I guess there are some things you just have to learn the hard way.
I got home from Denver on Saturday, and imagine my surprise when Norman was both colder with more snow/ice than Denver. What are the chances? I guess the weatherman was somewhat correct. We did get snow/ice but very few people lost electricity in the Norman area. However, I did just have a patient tell me yesterday that they lost electricity on Thursday and were told it will probably not come back on for another week (a week from yesterday). Granted, he didn't live in Norman but in a small surrounding town. That sounds beyond miserable to me!! We took some pictures of our snow/ice storm so we'll remember sometime the weatherman is right.

We were shocked at this HUGE icicle on our house. Amazing!
Truman actually enjoyed playing in the snow!

He looks vicious to me in this picture. Trying to catch the snow...unsuccessfully.

Cutest dog in town.

1 comment:

  1. That is the most amazing icicle ever! And, Truman looks so very cute!!

    ReplyDelete