Sunday, May 2, 2010

Productive

I must say, I love productivity, and I feel like my productivity has definitely decreased since being pregnant. However, this weekend I felt like we accomplished so much and it felt so good. There is unexplainable pleasure in crossing tasks off a list...I love it.

You probably don't really care what we accomplished, but I'll share anyway. Probably the most exhausting task was cleaning out our office since it will be the baby's room. Our spare bedroom is now our office/guest room, but there was lots of stuff we have to store in our shed or get rid of because there is just not enough space. Of course, to put furniture items in the shed, we had to organize/clean out the shed first (by "we" I mean Kev). It was quite a fiasco. Baby E's room is now basically empty ready to be painted and decorated.

We also got to look at paint colors (I think we picked the color we want) and pick accent fabrics. We are also on the verge of being able to order our glider/rocker for the nursery. We also got to make a quick visit to my good friend Jen's house to try her stroller, see the nursery, and sit in her chair. It was so much fun! After looking at her stroller, I became slightly obsessed and poured over reviews of strollers, and I think I've about decided on the one we want.

I also got to go to pilates, watch Kev play soccer, hang out with friends, and we had date night. What more could you ask for? The one downer of the weekend was on Sunday during church I started having pretty severe abdominal pain. I figured it would just go away, but it persisted through the end of the service so I left immediately so I could lay down at home. Even after I got home, it went on for another 30-45 minutes. I was starting to question what I should do, and then it stopped. I was so relieved. Overall, wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I had a lot of abdominal pain on Friday after working on my feet all day. It went on throughout that evening, but has been fine since. It's so hard to know when to do something about it!

    I'm so glad you had a productive weekend. That always feels so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly...you were productive! No wonder you had abdominal pain! One thing about pregnancy is that your body definitely lets you know it's limits.

    So glad you guys came over this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete