Monday, July 12, 2010

The weekend!

Wow, I have been such a pitiful blogger this past week. No good excuse...well maybe one good excuse. We had a great weekend, although we have no pictures to document it (yet).

Kev decided to take a guys trip to Colorado with his dad and brother (kind of a late Father's Day gift). Much to my dismay, they decided they wanted to go white water rafting and on the swing/bungie over the Royal Gorge. I asked him, "Is this really a good time to risk your life...right before we have our first child?" His response, "Is there ever a good time to risk your life?" I guess I see his point, but don't get me wrong, I was still a bit nervous for him. Maybe it has to do with the fact that there is not one iota of me that thinks it sounds fun to swing over the Royal Gorge...I'm definitely NOT a thrill seeker except in seeking to avoid it. Now the white water rafting sounds fun, but probably not when I'm 35 weeks pregnant. In case you were wondering, they survived and he should be home tonight which I'm oh so thankful for. Not that there was a huge chance I would go into labor this early, but you never know. I'll post pics of his trip when he gets home.

While he was gone, my mom decided to come stay the weekend with me which was so much fun. We went into serious preparation mode, cleaning, cooking and freezing meals, organizing the nursery. It was fabulous! It was so nice to have her here and she helped so much! I wish my house could just stay this clean, but I think Truman is trying to sabotage the cleanness...he has already tracked in dirt twice! In his defense it has been rainy but it's so hard not to get frustrated at him (even though he has absolutely no idea what he's doing). She also got to go to my work shower on Saturday which was also so much fun! I'm supposed to be getting the pics from the shower from someone who actually took pictures (I definitely didn't).

I'm excited about this week, because after this week, I am scheduled out of clinic and there is a surgeon who can cover me in surgery if I go into labor. I still plan on still going to work (I really don't want to be just sitting at home waiting for baby girl to make her entry), but I won't have my own patients scheduled but just help...love it. Takes a lot of pressure off. Patients are really starting to exhaust me, especially when it comes to the whole pregnancy thing. I actually had a patient last week that after patting my belly multiple times literally leaned down and kissed my stomach. What?! Why would you ever think that was appropriate?! I hadn't seen her in like 8 months either (so it's not like we were that close). Then, in a moment of complete insanity (I can only blame pregnancy brain), I told her the name we have chosen. She immediately responded with, "That's terrible" with a look of total disgust on her face. Note to self, do not share personal information with patients.

3 comments:

  1. Erica, I have so much sympathy about your patient intolerance. Mine are driving me nuts with their crazy comments (one said my face looks puffy), criticism over my choice of names and not finding out the gender, and thoughts about how I'm carrying. I'm also tired of everyone saying, "you haven't had that baby yet?"

    Anyways, I'm glad you've gotten organized and I can't wait till you and your Mom come this direction and do it all again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe people don't understand what being tactful is like. Even if I didn't like someone's name they had picked, I wouldn't tell them that. And I'm sure there will be people that won't like the name I pick but I don't have to know about it...please tell me she was a little old lady that puts her 2 cents in on everything.
    Glad everything is going well for you - not much longer - how exciting! I'm jealous about not being scheduled in clinic - I may need to do that because I've only blocked out from my due date. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone kissed your belly?!? And then told you they didn't like her beautiful name?!? Wow. :)

    ReplyDelete