Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chicago

Oh Chicago. I must say you exceeded my expectations. I know much of that was due to the amazing company, perfect weather, and beautiful Fall colors, but I will happily visit you again and hopefully soon.

So like I said in my last post, we had such a wonderful time in Chicago over the weekend with our sweet friends David and Anna. David was an incredible tour guide since evidently he had been there with his family quite a few times. I actually lived outside of Chicago for a year when I was like 5 years old, and the only thing I really remember about the city was the aquarium which we visited when we first came. I really wanted to explore more but never really knew where to start. This weekend was the perfect start of our exploration of Chicago.
We started off the day with deep dish pizza at Pizzeria Uno. One word...AMAZING. Probably not the healthiest choice but totally worth the calories. We made up for the unhealthy meal by walking a ton.




Cute family pic!
We loved seeing "The Bean" in Millennium Park. It is made of 168 stainless steel plates welded together but there is no visible seems. It was pretty amazing.
Looking up in the middle of "The Bean."
Had to take a slightly awkward belly pic. Anna is almost two weeks behind me in her pregnancy. I LOVE that we get to be pregnant together, I just wish we still lived close.
The bean with "The Bean." She loved it...really.
We got to enjoy some delicious coffee at Intelligentsia. Yummy lattes. Aren't they pretty too?

We can't get enough of these Fall leaves!

I also made some great purchases at H&M to help extend my work wardrobe. It was a perfect day just entirely to short. Thanks again for visiting us David and Anna! Let's start planning for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment