Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A new job

So I officially start my new job on Monday. I actually accepted the job about a month ago, but it has taken that long to get my Indiana license and get credentialed with the hospital. I am SO tired of paperwork. It has been especially irritating because most of the documents I need are in Oklahoma, so I have spent LOTS of time on the phone. So much fun, I assure you.

I feel very blessed to have found this job. I will be working at the hospital that is about a mile from our house, everyone I have met so far is extremely kind and friendly, and they are letting me work part time (20 hours, 2 & 1/2 days). I feel like I have so many conflicting emotions as this new endeavor starts...excitement, nervousness, sadness.

I don't love always love change...starting all over...and I feel like we have experienced so much change so far. Now I get to experience change in the arena of my job. Miss E and I have our little daily routines so it's hard to think about disrupting that, but I feel like our time apart will probably make me appreciate the time we have together. It's also hard to know I'm starting something completely new knowing I'll be taking a "break" when I go on maternity leave here in 3 months or so. I also never feel completely "normal" when I'm pregnant, so I'm meeting all these new people feeling not *quite* like myself.

I know it will be good when I can just get started instead of waiting and overthinking it. BUT...it's sure going to be difficult leaving this sweet girl!



2 comments:

  1. Congrats Erica! I'm very impressed with how well you've been handling all these changes. I'm sure it's been nerve wracking. You're going to do great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will you be doing at the hospital? I'm so glad you found a job so close to home! I can't even imagine dealing with this many changes while pregnant. You're super mom!

    And I am so jealous of how long Elliott's hair has gotten!!!

    ReplyDelete