Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sick baby

This weekend we intended on being very productive, but all our plans were put on hold because Miss Elliott got sick. She was a little hoarse on Friday, but on Saturday, she developed a full blown croupy cough which of course sounds TERRIBLE, a snotty nose, and a low grade fever. We were planning on going to a pumpkin patch/corn maze with some people from church but it was pretty obvious at the beginning of the day, that was not going to happen. We had a forced rest, which was actually kind of nice, but would have been nicer if she wouldn't have been sick. We got to watch lots of Blue's Clues.

I HATE to see Elliott sick. It truly hurts my heart, and I would gladly take the illness on myself if I could. She has not been sick very often, and I am so thankful for that, but every time she does get sick, I kind of amaze myself at how poorly I respond. All my medical training goes out the window, I can't seem to think straight, I just hurt for her. It gives me a perspective at how difficult it must be on a parent for their child to be diagnosed with a chronic illness, or even something just more serious than a virus....to have to spend days, weeks, months in the hospital hoping and praying their child will get better. I don't know how they do it. We have 2 days where Elliott can't breath well, and I turn into a complete basket case. It also reminds me of how thankful I am for each and every day we get to spend with our precious daughter. She is truly a blessing from God!

I guess I feel emotional tonight. Can I just blame it on the pregnancy? :) So I feel like we're entering the week a little off, and Elliott and I are actually flying to Oklahoma...by ourselves...on Thursday. I'm just praying she is feeling better by then. I'm having flashbacks of our trip to Florida. A wonderful trip but I swore I wouldn't take another trip without Kev. Oh how quickly I forgot apparently.

I thought I would share a few pics of our other "child."
Truman with his splint.
Notice how much blue wrap is missing...hence the cone. Truman was not a fan, Elliott thought it was awesome.
Here is a picture of what it looks like now. Notice the gray blob attached to his right leg (it kind of looks like an extra appendage or something). That is what he has to wear for 8 weeks. It kind of reminds me of putty and you can see the screws poking into it. He licks it obsessively, which is slightly annoying (especially to Kev), but it's really hard to get him to stop. Oh the drama in our lives. :)
I'll leave you with this...because it's basically the cutest picture EVER! My two most favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment