Friday, June 1, 2012

5 month update

I remember when Elliott was a baby, I was always waiting for each new developmental stage.  Waiting for her to sit up and to get her first tooth.  Waiting for her to roll over, crawl and walk.  Waiting for her to become a little girl.  And she did...in an instant.  Sometimes I wonder if I missed the fun of her baby days while I was waiting.

With Mason, I often find myself wishing time would stand still.  I LOVE the stage that he is at...love his smiles and giggles, love his snuggles and even his sweet little cries.  But minutes fade into days, days into months, and our little man is already 5 months old.

We both gained a whole new appreciation for little Mace (as E calls him) over our vacation.  We constantly asked each other, "Could he be any easier of a baby??"  I could count on one hand the number of times he cried, he smiled at everyone, did not care who held him, whether it was Kev's 90-year-old grandma or my cousin's 8-year-old daughter.  It didn't phase him that he was sleeping in a bouncer, that we had 4 total flights, that he was passed around to countless people he did not know.  He took everything in stride.
 He is wearing 3-6 month clothes but I am now buying 6-9 month clothes.  I still have clothing dilemma's dressing a little boy.  I must say...girls clothes are SO much cuter!

Wearing size 3 diapers.
 He drinks 5-6 ounces from a bottle when I'm gone and nurses anywhere between 3-4 hours when I'm home.

He still LOVES his bouncer and loves grabbing the toys hanging above him.
 He likes sitting in the bumbo as well and has become quite the sneaky grabber when things are in his reach.  I usually put him on the counters while I cook, and all the sudden I'll notice he has pulled my bowl, etc over to him.
 He loves to smile and has a smile that still melts my heart!  I haven't done a good job recently catching it on camera, but he is certainly not stingy with his smiles.

He is such a ticklish little guy.  Especially on his sides, neck, back, legs...okay basically all over.  I tickle him often. :)
 He loves his big sister and watches her constantly.  She has gained a greater affection for him so is constantly giving him kisses, hugs, blankets, etc.
 His second most favorite thing to watch is of course...Truman.  He just smiles and smiles at him.  Truman, on the other hand, is completely oblivious.
He has not rolled over which I think is the product of 2 things: I forget to give him enough tummy time and he is such a content little guy, not in a hurry to do any rolling.  Fine by me.  He stays where I put him.
 I think he is one of the cutest babies I have EVER seen, and I know I'm biased because I'm his mom, but I still think he is SO cute.
 He chews on his hands CONSTANTLY and loves playing with his feet.

He has turned into a spitty little guy.  The real gross kind of spit-up.  Like when it has time to be somewhat digested so is especially chunky, smelly and gross when it comes up.  Love it.
Baby love.

No comments:

Post a Comment