Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Progress

So, not so sure I'm going to make it to next week to take off before baby girl comes. I woke up off and on all night last night with actual painful contractions but then couldn't go back to sleep after 4am. We got out of bed at 5 and decided it was officially time to pack our bag (in our defense we had a master list, but we use the items frequently we wanted to pack). It seemed like the contractions got less, so I decided to go to work. I would have preferred to stay home, but there was a surgery scheduled that I felt like I shouldn't miss. The surgery was unbelievably long (4.5 hours) and complete misery. To add to the misery, I was having contractions and low back pain.

I was able to come home afterwards and just rest, which was really nice. I still have had painful contractions but not anything real regular so I guess we'll just wait and see. I am so excited that we seem to be making progress in the right direction, but these contractions have been a little scary...and I know they are just going to get worse!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! That's great news! Sounds like she's ready too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds to me like you need to stop working, crazy girl! Take some Erica time before that little girl makes her appearance. Tomorrow is my last day and I'm looking forward to the break. The baby is ALL I can think about right now anyways, so I know I'm not the best PA currently. :)

    ReplyDelete