Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Things I've grown to love on maternity leave...

I keep watching my calender thinking how quickly this week seems to be passing. I know Monday (my first day back to work) will be here before I know it, and I have found it almost difficult to enjoy this week because I am anticipating next week. Who would have thought it would be so difficult to leave your baby?! I'm thankful to have a great job to go back to, but I there are definitely things I will miss when I'm back.

Like...
Family Feud-I know, who actually watches this show? I do, and I have grown to love it. I play right along with the contestants, and I think I'm actually getting pretty good (probably another sign it's time to go back to work).

Afternoon dates with friends-This has so much fun during this season at home!! I have had lunch dates, play dates, coffee dates, you name it...all have been so much fun and I'm so thankful for my sweet friends!

Getting all my laundry done in one day (and not on the weekend)-Don't underestimate the joy in this.

Rerun episodes of Friends-Okay, I really don't watch TV very often (these just happen to be the shows that come on when I'm feeding her), and I don't have a poor taste in shows, we just don't have cable (beggers can't be choosers). But I have really enjoyed Friends at 4. :)

Lunch dates with my love-Kev has been able to come home at least 3 times a week for lunch which has been so much fun! I love seeing his face in the middle of the day!

And of course the best thing about being home is hanging out with this girl. Have I mentioned lately how much I love her?

Things I have not loved...

Hearing Truman bark-This guy barks...a lot. Of course I didn't realize how much until I have spent every day with him. The most annoying thing about his barking is he thinks it's a good idea to bark while he is in the house...really loud...when Elliott's laying down for a nap. You can imagine my frustration.
Being able to snack-I have realized lately how easy it is to snack during the day when you're home all day. I'm afraid chocolate chips have been my snack of choice which is not necessarily a good thing. Let's just say that the jumbo bag at Sam's might not have been a wise purchase. Good thing I finished it off yesterday. :)

I know there are so many more things I will miss and not miss, but these are the few that came to mind.

1 comment:

  1. I love Price is Right in the morning, snuggling with Paisley when she wakes up, and not getting dressed up. We should just stay home forever!!!

    ReplyDelete