Oh I feel like our baby is growing into a little girl so quickly! It's amazing how much she changes from month to month. Here's some things that were happening this past month in Miss Elliott's life:
- She got her first tooth! It actually came in when she was 7 months and 2 days, but I decided to include it in her 7 month stats. I have been trying to get a picture of the tooth (bottom left), but Miss E is determined that I don't. Her tongue sabotages a good view every time!
- She also has gotten way more into eating solids this month. Yay! So far, she eats anything I give her pretty easily. We still haven't tried her on any meats (gross!), and we're still introducing different veggies and fruits. I generally try to feed her oat cereal twice a day mixed with veggies/fruits/or a combo. I think she definitely prefers the stuff I've made (I think it tastes better too).
- I think she says "mmm" when she eats (although she might say it at other times too). I feel like she has looked at me and said "mama" but it could have been a total accident. :) I like to think it was intentional.
- She is down to eating 4 times a day (6-7 oz per bottle when we give it to her) and then I feed her solids with her morning and evening feedings. I'm thinking we might add a lunch solid feeding soon.
- She is wearing 9-12 month clothes but mainly 12 months! Such a growing girl! I feel like when we moved up to 12 month clothes we moved into the "toddler" section in some stores which is so crazy to me. No more onesies or one piece outfits!
- Wearing size 4 diapers and we're definitely having less blowouts...which might be due to the fact that she is eating solids and now occasionally struggles with constipation. I'm not sure which is worse...pooping all over yourself frequently or not being able to poop at all. It's a toss up.
- I think she has started developing some stranger anxiety and there are definitely times she just wants her mommy or daddy. She has started "reaching" for us...melt.my.heart.
- She is generally taking 3 naps a day still. She generally sleeps 45 minutes to 2 hours. It's always difficult to predict. I would like to transition to 2 longer naps, morning and afternoon, but this is proving to be more difficult than expected. She has gone through this phase where she wakes up after 45 minutes and won't go back to sleep but is grumpy. Drives me crazy!
- Since we moved down to 4 feedings, she has been going to bed at 7 or 7:30 and sleeping until 7. Fabulous! She does sometime wake up at 5 wanting her paci but will go right back to sleep.
- She loves reaching for EVERYTHING! Gone are the days of holding her while we eat. She grabbed my soup bowl tonight...scary!
- She loves throwing things. When we let her sit and play, we usually surround her with toys. In, oh 2 minutes, all those toys are out of reach. Pretty incredible.
- Not showing any interest or signs of crawling, which is nice for us. The only times she scoots around is when she's in her bed.
- She loves to chew on anything and everything...her toys, our clothes, her clothes, pillows, anything she can get her mouth on.
- She still loves to hear us sing. She has also started enjoying playing peek-a-boo and patty cake.
- She still LOVES Truman! He's pretty much her favorite. If she is ever grumpy, we can just watch him and it makes her feel all better. He's still pretty indifferent to her, but he LOVES to lick her.
- She loves to flap her arms, especially when she's excited. Makes us laugh.
She is such a precious girl and we are so thankful for every second we have with her!