Friday, August 26, 2011

Home sweet home-Part 1

Finally...pictures of our house. I thought I would break up the posts by room so I could post more pics per room (and it gives me more things to post about). So without further ado, the living room. I feel like this is actually a really cool room and it's the first room you see when you walk in the front door.
The windows are in the front of the house. The room is painted this funky green/khaki color, but I feel like it really works with our furniture and decorations.
I LOVE all the light from the windows and the front door, but the one thing I hate is Truman can see every person who walks by on the street or comes to our front door. Not a big deal, you say? I guess it's not a big deal unless said dog tries to literally tear down the front door in a barking fit EVERY time someone comes to the door. This happens on a daily basis...when the mailman delivers our mail...during Elliott's nap. You can see why I love the door.
This is the view from the front door. The right door leads to the kitchen, the left door leads to the dining room. Please excuse Truman's behind. He wouldn't get out of the picture.
View of the room from the dining room.
This picture and the rug were our new purchases for the house so far. Definitely need something else on the other side of the mantel. Any thoughts?
The TV is in the bottom right corner.
The stairway...aka Elliott's new favorite toy. We actually have a gate at the bottom of the stairs which she stands at and tries to open the door.

Like I said before, the house was built in the early 1900s in a craftsman/bungalow style. I LOVE all the beautiful woodwork, but I'm still trying to figure out how to incorporate our style with that style. We really haven't hung any pictures in this room yet (except over the mantel) so that's on the top of my list. What else would you do?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I love it!!! Looks like a "movie" home you'd go to for the holidays. I don't have any suggestions, I was actually getting tips from things you've already done! :)

    ReplyDelete