Thursday, September 15, 2011

Nicknames

I remember all growing up, I ALWAYS thought it would be so cool to have a nickname. Well, let me tell you, "Erica" does not lend itself to many nicknames. I tried to make Er stick for a while, but that doesn't really have a great ring to it, and my sisters would call me Eric just to make me mad. The best nickname I had was when coaches would call me by my last night, but that's really not a great nickname either.

The name Elliott, on the other hand, lends itself to lots of potential nicknames...Elle, Ellie, etc. We actually get asked ALL the time what we are going to call her (after people hear her name), to which we respond, "Her name...Elliott." If she wants to go by a shortened version when she gets older, that's fine with me. However, I like to make nicknames for every possible name, so I started calling her Ellie-Bean (you know, like Jelly Bean...so creative, I know). Well then we started shortening it, so now we just call her Bean. Bean...that's right, like green bean, black bean. I'm sure she is going to love that someday.
Our little "Bean"
Random picture before we left Oklahoma with her friend B. He's not so sure about her.
Checking each other out.
Picture from the aquarium in Chicago. Some reason this pic makes me laugh. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment