Wednesday, December 14, 2011

No news...

No news in the world of delivering babies...at least for me. It's a little hard to not feel like I'm just waiting...waiting for our little guy to decide it is time to make his grand entrance. Wouldn't today be a good time? I'm not sure if he and I are on the same page. I had Miss Elliott when I was 38 weeks and 5 days. I will be 38 weeks and 5 days TOMORROW. Tomorrow. Doesn't he realize he should follow in his sister's footsteps? If so, he needs to get a move on it because the chances of delivering tomorrow are looking more and more slim.

I'm still *trying* to enjoy my time now. Time to sleep through the night, time to sleep until 7:30 (can you tell I like to sleep?), time to play with our precious daughter, time to enjoy the anticipation of Christmas, time to hang out with my husband. But in the back of my mind, I'm also waiting. Waiting to see his sweet little face and see if he looks like Elliott or totally different, waiting to feel his warm little body snuggled in on my chest, waiting to see how Elliott responds. So many conflicting thoughts and emotions.

I am definitely to the stage of pregnancy where every phone call I make, I have to preface the conversation with, "No, I'm not in labor" because everyone else knows it could be any day...or it could be a week away. Who knows but GOD? I wish he would give me a hint though so I wouldn't go to bed every night wondering if this could be the night....

1 comment:

  1. This was the toughest waiting game ever for me. It's like knowing you're about to have the biggest event of your life but no one will tell you the date. Doesn't seem fair! Hope the little man makes his appearance soon. :)

    ReplyDelete