It's hard to believe Mason is already 1 month old (and a week)! Oh, how the days pass quickly. He is getting so big so fast, and here is his 1 month update (with pictures from his newborn photo shoot).
- He is wearing 0-3 month clothes and I realized today that since he was unable to extend his legs in the newborn outfit I put him in, it *might* be too small.
- He is wearing size 1 diapers and has had way fewer blowouts than with the newborn diapers. What is it with my kids having blowouts? On a side note, I did just purchase several cloth diapers to try. Dipping my toes in the waters of cloth diapers...let's see if I like them.
- He is nursing every 3 hours during the day, and the longest he goes at night in between feedings is typically 5 hours. HOWEVER...he did sleep ALL night a couple nights ago (1 month 1 day old). WHAT? Granted, I wasn't able to fully enjoy it because Elliott decided to wake up 3 times (she's teething). Then the next night he went 8 hours in between feedings and I don't think I moved a muscle until he woke up at 5:30. Oh how I love sleep!
- He took a bottle for the first time when he was 1 month old. He gulped it down.
- Thankfully, he loves his bouncer and swing because he spends lots of time in them. The result of having 2 small children.
- So far, he is great in the car and usually doesn't make a peep when we run errands or go out to eat.
- He does get fussy occasionally, and he has a very sad, high pitched, pathetic cry. It makes me feel sad for him and want to laugh all at the same time. Does that make me a bad mom? :)
- He smiled at his Mimi when he was 1 month old and at me several days later. SO sweet!
- Unfortunately, poor guy hasn't gotten much tummy time. When I have tried to put him in his activity gym, Elliott decides she wants to be in there so immediately asks that I take him out so she can crawl under it or carry it around. Poor younger brother. :)
- He's such a snuggly guy and sleeps on our chest frequently.
- He got a cold when he was 1 month old thanks to his big sister. No fever but a not-so-fun stuffy nose.
- He likes his pacifier...most of the time. Elliott likes it as well...to carry it around, suck on it, etc. I've decided it must be virtually impossible to keep one kid well when the other is sick.
This is usually what Elliott does when we tell her to smile for the camera. Oh goodness.
Our little family of 4.
We are so thankful for this first month of life with little Mason!