Since I posted about 6 things I miss about Oklahoma, I thought it was only fair to post 6 things I like about South Bend. So in no particular order, here they are.
1. The river. There is river that runs through town, and when the weather is nice, there is an amazing paved path around it that we love to walk. Something about running water that is good for the soul.
2. Aladdin's. My new favorite Mediterranean place. The food is amazing and decently priced. I'm obsessed with Baba, a hummus like eggplant dip. My mouth is watering.
3. The snow. I have a love/hate relationship with the snow. There are days it feels like a prison, but it's amazing how beautiful it is while it's falling.
4. Our church. We are so blessed to have made so many good friends in such a short time. It has been an amazing reminder of what a blessing it is to be part of the body of Christ.
5. Chicago style pizza. Not so good for the waist-line but oh so tasty.
6. The mall. Such a silly thing to like, I know, but it's a great place to have a play date with friends. We like the play area in the mall and in Barnes and Noble (which is attached), looking at the animals in the pet store, watching the train, and eating at chick fil a. Oh how your perspective changes when you have kids.
And a few pictures just because.